This year it’s all about health.
I’m putting my hypochondriac side away for good and focussing on the things that will bring me health and not dwelling on the negative and the bad stuff.
Today I went for my first gym session this year. Didn’t get as long as I would have liked as the traffic in this morning was horrendous, so by the time I got the girls into school and drove to the gym it was already almost 9. However, a few minutes is better than nothing. So 20 mins in the gym this morning. I certainly felt it! That’s what happens when you don’t go for a month! The machines had mostly been replaced and the new cross trainer felt like harder work, either that or I’m really unfit after Christmas! Also did some time on the power plate. I’ll be back tomorrow morning. No excuses!!!
So food wise, I need to get to the shops. But have done pretty well today. Porridge for breakfast, soup for lunch and a banana as a snack. I also had a bag of low fat crisps *sigh* but only 81 calories, so not too bad. However, I eat my breakfast when I get into work, so around 10am, but today a friend told me that this could be detrimental to my diet. Because I go to the gym before eating my body thinks it’s in starvation mode and will try to store whatever I eat after that. So tomorrow I’ll grab a banana or cereal bar before I go. No point in putting in the effort if it’s not going to work!
On the plus side today one of the workmen from school came in to check something in our office, haven’t seen him in a few weeks and he straightaway said “Have you been losing weight?” so yay! Something is working!
Onwards and upwards!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment