The calorie counting is really focussing my mind on portion sizes and just what I am eating. I'm fiding I'm not so inclined to grab a biscuit or crisps as they will use up the calories i need for "real" food. Feeling pretty motivated on that one, which is great. I just need to keep it up.
Did 62 minutes on the Wii Fit last night. Mainly hula hooping, stepping and running! What a laugh. Anna beat me in a race! Also some balance stuff, which I suppose isn't strenuous, but hopefully having an effect in other ways. Managed to reduce my Wii age to 38! yay! So at least I'm down to the age I actually am LOL.
Still doing the plank each night before bed. Can only manage 40 seconds, but I really feel my muscles working.
I'm hoping this is a plan I can actually stick to, I did calorie counting in my teens and the consequences weren't good, but I'm more mature now and know that I need a balanced diet.
Also the reports in the media this week about 40% of cancers being preventable and being mainly down to poor diet and lack of exercise really woke me up. I'm now at an age I can't ignore these things.
So - March, start of Spring, start of my new regime and countdown to a summer of lovely clothes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You're doing great!
ReplyDeleteThank you!
ReplyDelete